By Cheryl Sullenger
Chicago, IL – The Near North Planned Parenthood abortion facility located on North LaSalle Drive in Chicago, Illinois, recently called 911 for a woman suffering heavy bleeding after an abortion.
On November 19, 2019, Planned Parenthood used a Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) to call the Intrado Emergency Call Relay Center, which, in turn, placed the call to the 911 exchange. It took about a minute to accomplish the transfer – a minute that could have been saved if a landline had been used to dial 911 directly.
“When women are bleeding out at abortion facilities, every minute counts, and each minute can mean the difference between life and death for these ladies,” said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman.
In fact, one of this Planned Parenthood’s abortion patients, Tonya Reaves, died after an abortion in 2012, when her abortionist delayed calling for an ambulance for over five hours as she slowly bled to death.
The 911 recordings for the November 19th incident were provided to Operation Rescue by the Pro-Life Action League.
This represents the fourteenth known medical emergency at this abortion facility in 24 months.
“Each one of these emergencies represents a potentially life-threatening situation that the Near North Planned Parenthood is incapable of handling. This makes this abortion facility unsafe and we urge women to avoid it at all costs. There is no need to risk life and limb at an unsafe abortion clinic. There are plenty of resources to help pregnant women with life’s challenges in the Chicago area that don’t include dangerous abortions,” said Newman.
Any pregnant woman considering an abortion is urged to contact the Option Line for safe and helpful resources available in their area.
Here are other incidents that have been documented by Operation Rescue with the help of the Pro-Life Action League:
- October 30, 2019: A 24-year old woman under sedation was hemorrhaging after an abortion.
- March 21, 2019: Abortion patient with uncontrolled vaginal bleeding.
- February 23, 2019: Abortion patient with suspected uterine perforation.
- October 6, 2018: A teenager suffered uncontrolled hemorrhaging and vomiting after an abortion that required emergency transport to a nearby hospital.
- September 11, 2018: A patient suffered a “really bad” panic attack after an abortion with which the Planned Parenthood medical staff could not cope. Emergency assistance and transport were required to help the patient.
- September 5, 2018: 28-year old woman needed an ambulance for post-abortion procedure bleeding that could not be controlled.
- July 27, 2018: A 30-year old woman suffered uncontrolled vaginal bleeding after an abortion.
- July 5, 2018: A 35-year old woman was transported to the hospital after hemorrhaging due to lacerations of her cervix and/or uterus. Efforts by the Planned Parenthood abortionist to stop the bleeding were unsuccessful.
- May 24, 2018: Woman left unmonitored after an abortion fell off a table and broke her neck.
- February 27, 2018: A 32-year old woman was said to be “not as responsive as we like her to be” after an abortion.
- February 3, 2018: A 26-year old woman was experiencing “heavy, excessive bleeding” after an abortion and required emergency medical care.
- November 16, 2017: A 20-year old woman suffered seizures after an abortion and needed to be transported to the hospital for further care.
- October 4, 2017: A 35-year old woman required emergency transport after an abortion for bleeding “more than normal.”