Botched Abortion at Little Rock Abortion Facility Leads Discovery of 60 Such Emergencies

By Cheryl Sullenger

Little Rock, AR – A medical emergency that took place last month at Little Rock Family Planning, an abortion facility located in Little Rock, Arkansas, has opened the door to learn more about a dangerous increase in life-threatening abortion complications at that facility since the start of 2018.

It began on March 31, 2018, when pro-life activists photographed an ambulance at Little Rock Family Planning.

Pro-life activist Mary Silfies told Operation Rescue that a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for 911 records related to the incident was denied by the Little Rock City Attorney “because it involved a juvenile.”

A second FOIA request was made to the publicly-funded ambulance company, Metropolitan Emergency Medical Services (MEMS), which complied with a heavily redacted audio recording and Computer Aided Dispatch printout.

A close inspection of the CAD printout revealed under one of the redactions that the young patient suffered hemorrhaging and lacerations.

The 911 recording, which had information about the patient’s condition removed, indicated that the patient was located “in the procedure room with the doctor.” This was an indication that the patient’s condition was serious, otherwise, she would have been sent to the side or back door of the abortion facility for ambulance pick-up.

However, the recording did contain a revealing question at the end of the conversation between the 911 dispatcher and the abortion facility caller.

“Alright, do you have AED there,” asked the dispatcher, to which the call replied in the affirmative.

AED is short for “automated external defibrillator,” which is used to check a patient’s heart rhythm and can send a shock to restore a normal heartbeat. It is also used in the event of a cardiac arrest.

“The fact that the dispatcher was inquiring about the presence of the AED was another indication that young woman was in pretty bad shape,” said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman.

In addition, Silfies also was able to obtain a printout that contained all service requests for ambulances to the abortion facility’s address that contained 61 incidents dating back to 1999. One of the incidents included in the printout was for a different location, leaving 60 calls originating from the Little Rock Family Planning abortion facility over the past 19 years.

4officePark1999toArpil2018CADList v2 by Cheryl Sullenger on Scribd

In all 60 cases, including the emergency involving the juvenile on March 31, 2018, patients were transported to the University of Arkansas Medical Sciences (UAMS) Hospital for emergency medical care that could not be provided at the outpatient abortion facility.

This data shows that an average of medical emergencies requiring emergency ambulance transport from Little Rock Family Planning is just over three per year.

However, there have already been four such emergency transports in the first three months of 2018 alone. This put the abortion facility on track for a record-breaking number of abortion injuries.

“Whatever is going on at the Little Rock Family Planning is posing a serious danger to women,” said Newman. “With these incidents on the rise, women must be warned that if they walk into that abortion facility, they may come out on an ambulance gurney. This place is just not save for women or their babies. It should be shut down!”

Confusion: Two Ambulances Called for One Injured Woman at Margaret Sanger Planned Parenthood

By Cheryl Sullenger

New York City, NY – A police unit and two ambulances with lights flashing were dispatched on April 5, 2018, to Planned Parenthood’s flagship abortion facility, the Margaret Sanger Center, located at 26 Bleecker St. on the corner of Margaret Sanger Square in New York City.

According to an eye witness report, there seemed to be some confusion on the part of the two ambulance teams.

The anonymous witness told Operation Rescue that the first ambulance arrived shortly after noon and overshot the Planned Parenthood facility. It pulled over about a block away as a second ambulance pulled up to the abortion center and entered with a gurney.

Meanwhile, the first ambulance came back to the facility and paramedics entered Planned Parenthood with a collapsible rolling chair. This team was sent away empty-handed and soon left the scene.

While police looked on, the second paramedic team emerged from the Planned Parenthood abortion facility with a young Black woman on a gurney. Paramedics waited until her male companion joined her in the ambulance then sped away to a nearby hospital at approximately 12:39 p.m. with lights flashing. However, sirens were not turned on until the ambulance was about a block away from Planned Parenthood.

The reason two ambulances were dispatched remains a mystery.

“New York City is a political stronghold for Planned Parenthood. That has made it difficult for us to get any additional information on the numerous abortion-related complications that happen at this high-volume abortion mill. Our FOIA requests are ignored or returned with useless information about unrelated incidents. It is obvious that those in authority are covering up for the serious dangers that this facility exposes women to every day,” said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman. “The women that go to this Planned Parenthood have no idea that pro-abortion Democratic politics is being put above their lives and safety.”

The Margaret Sanger Center Planned Parenthood targets primarily poor urban women of color for abortions in the heart of New York City.

This is the eleventh medical emergency documented by Operation Rescue with the help of local pro-life activists at this facility since January 2017 – and the second one this year.

So far, there have been a total of 26 medical emergencies requiring ambulance transport at abortion facilities across the nation reported to Operation Rescue in the first four months of 2018. Of those, eight took place at Planned Parenthood centers.

Urgent Action Needed to Defund Planned Parenthood of Title X Money

By Cheryl Sullenger

Washington, DC – Instead of waiting around for another opportunity for Congress to strip Planned Parenthood of all tax-funding, one Congressman has come up with a way to now deny the abortion giant at least $170 million in public moneys distributed through the Title X program.

Kansas Congressman Ron Estes, along with long-time pro-life stalwarts Rep. Chris Smith and Rep Vicki Hertzler, are seeking as many Congressional co-signers as possible on a letter to Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar.

That letter would recommend a rule change to prevent Title X funding from going to any health facility that conducts abortions or refers for them – including Planned Parenthood.

Title X funding is Planned Parenthood’s second largest source of public funding. This is an opportunity to deny Planned Parenthood a significant amount of tax money that could then be diverted to legitimate health care facilities that respect and value life.

“As fellow Kansans from Wichita, we are proud of our own Rep. Ron Estes for hitting the ground running during his short time in Washington, D.C.,” said Troy Newman, President of Operation Rescue. “He’s not waiting for others to lead in the cause of life! He’s thinking about how to solve issues in unconventional ways. Rep. Estes deserves our support in his effort to defund Planned Parenthood – and the babies deserve it, too.”

Here’s how you can help!

Please contact your Congressman today and ask him or her to sign on to the Estes letter that would change the long-standing pro-abortion rules that have so far ensured a steady money stream into Planned Parenthood’s already wealthy coffers.

“Planned Parenthood rakes in enough cash from abortion, the Hollywood elite, and pro-abortion billionaires like George Soros and Warren Buffett that they do not need to use our hard-earned tax dollars as their own personal slush fund,” said Newman. “The beauty of Rep. Estes’ rule-change plan is that the beneficiaries will be life-affirming health centers. That is a winning plan for pregnant moms and their babies.”

Please contact your Congressman now.

Sample message:

“I urge you to become a co-signer on the letter by Rep. Ron Estes to HHS Secretary Alex Azar proposing a rule change that would deny Title X money to organizations like Planned Parenthood that conduct or refer for abortions.”

Florida Revokes Four Abortion Facility Licenses, But Two Continue to Operate Illegally

By Cheryl Sullenger

Tallahassee, FL – The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) has revoked four abortion facility licenses of abortion clinics associated with criminal abortionist James Scott Pendergraft, IV.

The revocations were effective on March 27, 2018. Facilities involved were:

EPOC
Ft. Lauderdale Women’s Center
Ocala Women’s Center
Orlando Women’s Center


The revocations were made as a result of Pendergraft’s October 2017 drug convictions in South Carolina. Pendergraft and a female associate were arrested near the community of Spartanburg on October 5, 2015. At that time, Sheriff Chuck Wright stated in a press conference, “We got a guy and a girl early in the week that was a traveling abortionist. He traveled around the state of South Carolina without a medical license, with drugs and with medical tools, performing in-home abortions. So basically, we got an illegal baby killer.”

Pendergraft, who was never licensed to practice in South Carolina, was never charged with operating the illegal abortion scheme out of the back of his van.

However, Pendergraft pled guilty on to ten criminal Felony and Misdemeanor counts including Possession of a Controlled Substance, Possession of Marijuana and LSD, Possession and Distribution Prescription Drugs without a Prescription, and Manufacture and Possession of Schedule I & II Substances.

Those convictions disqualified him from owning or operating any medical facility in Florida.

The AHCA filed suit to close Pendergraft’s abortion facilities. Pendergraft had appealed the revocation orders, but the court ruled on March 26, 2018, that the revocations should stand.

That should have been the end of it. It wasn’t.

While it is true that two abortion facilities had previously closed, others remain open for business under dubious circumstances.

The Ocala Women’s Center voluntarily shut down in October 2015. The EPOC clinic, which is still owned by Pendergraft through his 609 Virginia Drive LLC, has been closed for some months, supposedly “for renovations.” With the recent facility license revocation, EPOC cannot legally reopen at this time.

Orlando Women’s Center name change

The Orlando Women Center, Pendergraft’s flagship abortion facility, is one of the clinics that remains open. It has undergone a name change to Center of Orlando for Women. Pendergraft has transferred ownership to Denise Williams, who is reportedly an ex-wife and the mother of two of his children.

“This transaction is most likely a change in paperwork only. I suspect that Pendergraft will still be just as involved in the abortion business as ever,” said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman, who notes that disgraced New Jersey abortionist Steven Chase Brigham employed the same tactic to keep his abortion businesses open after his medical license was revoked. Brigham, who could be in competition with Pendergraft for the title of “America’s Most Deceptive Abortionist,” remains involved with his businesses to this day.

The new Center of Orlando for Women applied for an abortion facility license and was granted it despite the involvement long-time Pendergraft employee Megan Clemente, who currently serves as clinic administrator.

But another major issue involves the designated medical director. The Center of Orlando for Women’s license application lists troubled abortionist Randall Whitney, a long-time associate of Pendergraft’s. However, Whitney’s medical license is currently under indefinite suspension for improperly prescribing controlled substances, making it legally impossible for him to serve in that capacity. Whitney also has a history of criminal patient abuse.

Ft. Lauderdale Women’s Center illegally operating?

The Fort Lauderdale Women’s Center’s license was revoked on March 27, 2018, and no ownership transfers are on record. Nevertheless, the abortion facility continues to conduct abortions – apparently illegally.

A complaint against the facility was filed on April 7, 2018, by Broward Right to Life, which says at least 34 abortions have taken place at the unlicensed facility between March 27 and April 7.

The complaint lists Planned Parenthood abortionist and part-time Pendergraft associate Harvey C. Roth as being on duty during the alleged illegal abortions. Roth appears to be related to the notorious Michigan “Trunk Abortionist” Michael Roth, according to research done by Michigan pro-life activist Lynn Mills. Michael Roth was convicted last year of three counts of larceny for stealing drugs and medical equipment for use in his illegal home abortion scheme after the stolen goods and the remains of aborted babies were discovered in his vehicle’s trunk following a traffic accident.

An investigation into the Fort Lauderdale Women’s Center is currently underway.

Women’s Center of Hyde Park

One of Pendergraft’s abortion businesses not subject to the lawsuit is Women’s Center of Hyde Park, located in Tampa. Ownership was transferred to Denise Williams on October 28, 2010. Since then, the Women’s Center of Hyde Park has been fined seven times, primarily for failure to file termination of pregnancy reports.

However, the Women’s Center of Hyde Park is listed as one of five abortion facilities on WomensCenter.com, which boasts with verbosity about its founder, James Scott Pendergraft.



#ShutThemDown

As far as can be determined, it has just been business as usual at Pendergraft’s abortion chain since the facility license revocations were issued. The two facilities that were already closed remain shut down. The three facilities that operated prior to the revocations continue to operate today.

The two facilities that have opted to shift ownership – at least on paper – continue to be run by those close to Pendergraft, with the same staff.

The Center of Orlando For Women operates without a currently licensed medical director, and Fort Lauderdale Women’s Center appears to be operating illegally without a valid abortion facility license. Both should be shut down permanently.

“Pendergraft is one of the most deceptive and deceitful abortionists in the nation. We have long documented his illegal operations and efforts to evade the law,” said Newman. “There can be no redemption for these facilities. They will continue to operate in violation until the ACHA realized their deceptive practices and permanently prevents them from operating. Pendergraft and his cohorts have had a long run killing babies, injuring women, and operating outside the law. Enough is enough. It’s time to shut them down.”
______________

Note: Some of the documents used in this article graciously were provided by Liberty Counsel and Michele Herzog.

Abortionist Robert Rho on Trial for Manslaughter in Abortion Death Amid Media Blackout

UPDATE: Trial resumes on Monday, April 16, 2018! Watch for further updates.

By Cheryl Sullenger

Queens, NY – The criminal trial of an abortionist, Robert Rho, who caused the death of an abortion patient in 2016, is currently underway in the Queens Supreme Court in New York. Although it is a case that should be of national interest, few people are aware of it. That’s because the trial is experiencing a complete media blackout.

The trial involves the death of 30-year old Jaime Morales, who reported to the Liberty Women’s Healthcare office in Flushing, New York, on July 9, 2016, for an elective second trimester abortion with clinic owner Robert Rho.

Rho thought that the abortion on Morales went without complication until staff noticed she was bleeding heavily in the recovery room. Rho determined that she required a second abortion procedure, but even that did nothing to control the profuse bleeding.

A woozy Morales continued to bleed and even collapsed once at the clinic. Even though she was too unstable to release, Rho discharged Morales to her sister, and they began the drive to the sister’s home in the Bronx. Along the way Morales fell off the back seat of the car and became non-responsive as a result of continued hemorrhaging.

Morales was transported by ambulance to a Bronx-area hospital where she was pronounced dead later that evening.

According to news reports at the time, an autopsy revealed horrific internal injuries inflicted by Rho during one or both abortion procedures he conducted on her that day. Rho had lacerated her cervix, punctured her uterus and sliced her uterine artery. Any one of those injuries would cause heavy bleeding, but together, they proved catastrophic.

Had Rho not released Morales in her unstable condition, and instead called an ambulance, she might be alive today, and Rho would only be facing the possibility of a malpractice suit instead of jail time.

A grand jury was convened to investigate Morales death and indicted Rho on one count of Second Degree Manslaughter (Reckless Homicide), a Class C Felony that carries a penalty of 3 1/2 to 15 years in prison.

Rho was arrested and booked on October 11, 2016. He entered a “not guilty” plea during his arraignment the following day and was released on $400,000 bail.

At first Rho appeared remorseful for his actions that led to Morales’ needless death. He surrendered his medical license and closed his abortion clinic. A speedy resolution to the criminal case was expected.

However, the case was marked by repeated delays. For the next eighteen months, Rho remained out on bail with scheduled hearings every three months.

It is assumed, but not confirmed, that a plea bargain was offered by Assistant District Attorney Brad A. Leventhal and rejected by Rho. A jury trial was set and now it appears that Rho is fighting for his freedom – an irony considering his victim, Ms. Morales, can never be freed from the grave where Rho put her.

Today, Rho’s trial before a jury of his peers continues in the courtroom of Judge Gregory Lasak, but no information about the proceedings is available outside appearance notices on the Court’s web page. The trial is expected to run through Friday, April 13, 2018.

“The trial delay resulted in the loss of what scant media attention there was in this case. We continue to follow it the best we can, but without being in the courtroom, it is impossible to know any details of the testimony and evidence, due to the media blackout,” said Troy Newman, President of Operation Rescue. “When a woman dies from a negligent abortion, it simply doesn’t fit the mainstream media’s pro-abortion agenda. It’s better for them to ignore it and act like it never happened. In a way, the media bears some responsibility for cases like this because they refuse to report on the true dangers of abortion.”

Operation Rescue has reported on this case since Rho’s arrest in October 2016, and will report on the outcome of the trial when it is known.