By Cheryl Sullenger

Downers Grove, IL – A women who was in pain with signs of shock after an abortion insisted that the Access Health Center abortion facility in Downers Grove, Illinois, call an ambulance for her after the abortionist suggested that she make her own way to the hospital.

According to 911 records obtained by Operation Rescue, the nurse who called for an ambulance told the dispatcher that the woman was drifting in and out of consciousness and could not get up.  She also described the woman as weak, pale, and clammy, but without serious bleeding.

However, the nurse also gave conflicting information about the woman’s condition.  At first, she told the dispatcher that the woman had low blood sugar levels, but later said they were high.  She also said that the woman’s breathing was normal then added that her breathing was shallow.

“Asking a patient that cannot stand up to go to the hospital on her own is a huge red flag.  Add to that the contradictory information about the woman’s condition, and it makes me wonder what these people may have been hiding,” said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman.

September 18, 2021: A woman was transported by ambulance after suffering pain and symptoms of shock after an abortion. She had to insist on an ambulance after being told to make her own way to the hospital for the emergency care she needed.

The woman was eventually transported to Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove where she could get the proper medical care she needed, which was not available at the Access Health Center.

The abortion facility is owned by Vijay Goyal, who is married to abortionist Vinod Goyal.  The couple are no strangers to medical standard breeches or violations of abortion safety regulations.

The Access Health Center was sued for the wrongful death of Melissa L. Heim.  On January 22, 2001, Heim received an abortion at the Access Health Center.  After the 15-minute surgical abortion done under twilight sedation, she was taken to a recovery area where she was supposed to be carefully monitored. Instead, Heim was left alone.  About 30 minutes later, she went into cardiac and respiratory arrest.  Resuscitation measures were apparently not taken until paramedics arrived, but by then Heim had suffered brain damage.  She died four days later.

The abortion facility also has a long history of failed health and safety inspection reports.  The most recent inspection was conducted on June 18-19, 2019.  The seven-page report listed several violations including those listed below.

  • A Daily Nursing Checklist that was meant be done at the beginning of the day to ensure that the facility was clean, in order, and supplies were properly stored and available before procedures were started, was not done until the end of the day.
  • Prefilled, unlabeled syringes containing unknown drugs were found in an unsecured room that had been prepared for surgical abortions.
  • Discharge criteria was not followed.  The nurse failed to release at least one woman who received a surgical abortion and narcotic drugs to a responsible adult that could stay with her.  Instead, she was released to a taxi.
  • Failure to wash hands between glove changes.  This was observed in an M.D. who was about to begin a surgical abortion.
  • Failure to ensure that patients signed the forms on which they noted their medical histories.

“Unfortunately, medical emergencies and failed inspection reports like these are commonly found at abortion facilities around the nation.  This means that on any given day, abortions are not safe, no matter how much the Abortion Cartel tries to convince us otherwise,” said Newman.  “Cutting corners on women’s health is the rule – not the exception – at American abortion facilities.  With the radically pro-abortion administration in Washington, D.C., which is working overtime to make abortion facilities Federally funded and less accountable, we can expect the carnage to only get worse.”