By Cheryl Sullenger
West Monroe, LA — Filthy conditions and gross infection control violations at an unnamed Planned Parenthood abortion clinic were shown during a television news report on a new rule change that will strip Planned Parenthood of around $60 million in family planning grants.
Louisiana NBC news affiliate KARD-TV/KTVE-TV (MyArkLaMiss.com) aired the report on February 22, 2019.
The anchor stumbled over the words at the beginning of the 54 second story, as if caught unawares by the video that played in the background.
Video scrolled across the screen showing an abortion room that was dirty and had a number of sanitation issues. The video showed:
- An abortion table leg support that was torn, making it impossible to sanitize.
- Grime and debris on the abortion suction machine’s receptacle jar lid.
- A cloth shoe caddy labeled with masking tape holding sterile surgical supplies, none of which can be sanitized. It hung on the wall next to the abortion table.
- A filthy absorbent pad on the floor at the end of the abortion table that appeared to be stained with bodily fluids.
- A door to the abortion room that was visibly dirty.
“It appeared that the station inadvertently exposed the filthy conditions at this unknown Planned Parenthood, but for once, the news showed the truth about what women can expect to find at abortion clinics nationwide,” said Troy Newman, President of Operation Rescue. “This video shows that Planned Parenthood has no regard for the health of women by operating such a dangerously unsanitary clinic. They don’t deserve one red cent of our tax money.”
“We are pleased that Planned Parenthood is losing some of its tax funding and appreciate President Donald Trump’s efforts to do all he can to take money away from them,” Newman continued. “Now, it’s time for Congress to step up and take away the rest of Planned Parenthood’s federal money.”