UPDATE: Today, (Thursday, June 23, 2011), the Senate Judiciary Committee once again delayed a vote on the Six nomination, this time, indefinitely. Please keep contact with members of the committee to let them know opposition to federal appeal court nominee Steve Six is greater than ever. Contact links below.
Washington, DC – New details have emerged concerning Federal Appeals Court nominee Steve Six and his role in subverting two abortion prosecutions in Kansas during his appointed tenure as Attorney General.
A vote on Six’s floundering nomination is expected in the Senate Judiciary Committee this Thursday. Six suffered a major set-back last week when both Kansas Senators issued statements opposing his nomination. The new, heavily documented column released Tuesday by a former Kansas prosecutor further exposes Six’s unfitness for office. Votes on his nomination have already been delayed twice.
Former Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline, who also served as Johnson County District Attorney, has written a column explaining how Steve Six went out on a limb to protect abortionists, even when his own office was prosecuting one.
Kline tells how Six’s office:
• Accepted a pre-trial stipulation agreement in the criminal prosecution of late-term abortionist George Tiller on 19 charges of illegal late-term abortions that insured that the prosecution would fail.
• Buried evidence that late-term abortions were being done for such frivolous reasons as to save the cost of paying for babysitters, a “condition” that Tiller diagnosed as a “substantial and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function” of the mother in order to justify a late-term abortion on a viable baby.
• Filed motions interfering with the ongoing prosecutions of Tiller and Planned Parenthood (on 107 charges) that were so favorable to the abortionists that Planned Parenthood simply joined in his arguments.
• Sued to gag two judges who ruled there is probable cause to believe that Planned Parenthood violated the law.
• Failed to give heavily redacted abortion records to a Grand Jury investigating Planned Parenthood, insuring that they would lack the evidence for an indictment.
“This first-hand account from the prosecutor that Steve Six blocked at every turn is jarring evidence of Six’s propensity to allow personal and political biases to influence his professional decisions in a way that has caused a miscarriage of justice,” said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman. “It is clear that Obama is attempting to stack the court with justices that will ensure that abortion cases never see the light of day. We must oppose the nomination of Steve Six.”