Victim of fatal abortion was loved by family, community

[A young lady died from complications arising from an abortion at George Tiller’s infamous late term abortion mill, Women’s Health Care Services, on January 13, 2005. As a memorial to her, we want to share with you some of the details of her all-too-short life, uncovered by Operation Rescue researchers. All information contained herein was obtained from public records and documents, however, out of courtesy to the grieving family, we have changed the young lady’s name and withheld the name of her hometown. -Operation Rescue]
Anna was born on May 30, 1985 in Austin, Texas, but spent most of her life in a small Texas town. Anna had Down’s Syndrome, but that did not stop her from embracing life and living it to the fullest. Anna was raised by her loving family, which consisted of her mother, father, and sister.
Anna became involved in sports early in her life to help her meet people and make friends. She became very involved in the Special Olympics and that involvement continued until her untimely death.
Anna graduated from the Special Education Program of her hometown high school in 2004. While in high school, Anna became the inspirational member of the girl’s soft-ball team, serving as their bat girl. Team members were never allowed to get down during a tough game because Anna would meet them at the dugout with hugs, telling them that she loved them. This kept spirits high and eventually Anna’s team won a state championship, something of which Anna and her family were especially proud.

In life, Anna was a joy to be around, and if you were near her, it meant that you would be the recipient of her many hugs. She was the center of attention when she walked into a room because of her outgoing and loving spirit.
Tragically, sometime in 2004, Anna was sexually assaulted. As a result, Anna became pregnant. She was taken to George Tiller’s Women’s Health Care Services in Wichita, Kansas, for an abortion in the late stages of her pregnancy. But something went wrong, and a 911 call was placed by Tiller employee Marguerite Reed, who was evasive with the dispatcher and placed him on hold for 45 critical seconds while she inquired about how much she should tell him. Upon arrival, the ambulance crew determined that Anna’s condition warranted emergency transport with all haste to Wesley Medical Center’s Emergency Room, where according to her obituary, she died of heart failure later that day. OR staffers photographed the ambulance and George Tiller’s arrival at the ER and broke the story of her death in the media.
A Grand Jury form the State of Texas is investigating crimes committed against Anna, and the Attorney General of the State of Kansas has launched an investigation into her death in Wichita.
She was loved by all who knew her and her death has left a void in the lives of her family and community.
Anna was buried on January 21, 2005, after a private funeral service held in her hometown. In her obituary, Anna was called “one of God’s angels.” The heartbreaking nature of Anna’s needless and untimely death compels Operation Rescue continue to work towards seeking justice for Anna and protection for other pregnant women and their pre-born babies so that Anna’s tragedy is not repeated.