Belleview, NE — Abortionist LeRoy Carhart was caught on video on Sunday, February 11, 2007, after he drove his car over a curb to attack a sidewalk counselor who was peacefully and legally standing on the public sidewalk outside his Bellevue, Nebraska, abortion mill.
Click here to watch video.
Sidewalk counselor Joe McDaniel said, “Entering his abortion clinic this morning, Dr. Carhart deliberately drove over the curb and public sidewalk and into me. We waited ten minutes for Bellevue police officer Jarvis to arrive. Leroy and his wife took lots of photos, advised me I was breaking FACE act by standing on public sidewalk three to four feet from [the] drive entrance. Officer Jarvis asked me to move upon arrival, and Dr. Carhart continued over curb and sidewalk, through snow bank, in to garage. Officer Jarvis advised me Carhart could drive in to his property any way he chose and I should stay out of his way.”
“It is outrageous that any person could deliberately attack someone with a motor vehicle, then have the police intentionally look the other way,” said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman. “We urge the public to contact the Bellevue Police Department and ask them to file charges against Carhart. If he is not held accountable for his actions, he might just kill someone next time.”
If that were to happen, it would not be the first time Carhart was responsible for someone’s death. In 2005, Carhart killed 19-year old Christin Gilbert during a botched 3rd trimester abortion at George R. Tiller’s late-term abortion mill in Wichita, KS. He avoided testifying before a grand jury that investigated the death by dodging a Kansas subpoena. Tiller is currently under suspiscion of having committed illegal late-term abortions.
Carhart is perhaps best known for his rabid defense of the live partial-birth abortion procedure. His grisly testimony coldly describing the brutal deaths of still squirming, partially delivered babies stands as a horrific low-water mark in the moral history of our nation.
Bellevue Police Department Contact Information:
Sergeant Matt Jarvis
John W. Stacey, Chief of Police