St. Louis Pro-Life Activist “Not Guilty” After Planned Parenthood Falsely Accused Him of Terrorism

By Cheryl Sullenger

St. Louis, MO – A pro-life activist who was wrongly accused and charged with making a terrorist threat at the Planned Parenthood abortion facility in St. Louis, Missouri, has been found not guilty by a jury yesterday and is now completely cleared of any wrong-doing.

John P. Ryan was falsely accused by Planned Parenthood worker Casey Spiegel of having told her there were seven bombs inside the abortion business on December 31, 2016. He was arrested by police on the scene and held for 35 hours until he was finally released on bond.

Despite the fact that a 2017 grand jury had declined to indict Ryan, city prosecutors insisted on trying him.

After a three-day trial, the jury deliberated just an hour on May 23, 2018, before returning their “not guilty” verdict.

The dubious prosecution appeared to be politically motivated. Ryan’s case was used repeatedly by Planned Parenthood and others to support a so-called “buffer zone” aimed at keeping pro-life activists from reaching out to abortion-bound women.

“Alderwomen Megan Green and Christine Ingrassia used this so-called terrorist threat as one of the main reasons a buffer zone bill was needed. The campaign to pass the buffer zone ordinance was based on a lie,” said Ryan in a statement.

Brad Blake, Special Counsel for the Thomas More Society represented Ryan. He noted, “This criminal charge, with its attendant bond restrictions that keep John away from the Planned Parenthood facilities, succeeded in muzzling him and depriving him of his First Amendment rights to use the public sidewalk, as he had for years previously, to voice his pro-life message. This deprivation of his free speech rights was based on bogus allegations by Planned Parenthood that were then advanced by Prosecutor Kim Gardner’s office. . .Prosecutor Kim Gardner’s goal was not justice, but rather persecution. That is evident because her office persisted with this case after the grand jury refused to indict Mr. Ryan based on insufficient evidence and after he passed a polygraph test.”

“It is obvious that Planned Parenthood needed a scapegoat in order to provide an excuse to enact a buffer zone, so they set up John Ryan to take the fall,” said Troy Newman, President of Operation Rescue. “Planned Parenthood was obviously in cahoots with a corrupt prosecutor, or this case would have been dismissed long ago. We hope Mr. Ryan considers suing the City of St. Louis, Planned Parenthood, and its employee who lied about him in the first place and denied him his rights and freedom, and nearly destroyed his good reputation. This corruption and injustice must not be allowed to stand.”

Read background report on this story here and here.

Operation Rescue Applauds President Donald Trump for Enacting the “Protect Life Rule”


PRESS RELEASE

Washington, D.C. – Today, the Trump Administration implemented the Protect Life Rule, which will prevent Title X programs from conducting, counseling for, or referring for abortions.

“I am very grateful to President Trump for making the Protect Life Rule a reality. As someone that researches abortion abuses daily, I know this rule will protect vulnerable women from exploitation and possible harm at Planned Parenthood abortion clinics that masquerade as women’s health facilities,” said Cheryl Sullenger, Senior Vice President of Operation Rescue. “President Trump promised to defund Planned Parenthood and today he has kept that promise as far as the Title X program is concerned. Thank you, Mr. President!”

There are 266 Planned Parenthood abortion facilities that are currently receiving Title X funding.

Serious abortion complications that have required emergency transport for women from Planned Parenthood abortion facilities have been documented by Operation Rescue at over 30 Planned Parenthood facilities in 22 states since 2016. That is just a small fraction of abortion injuries that take place at these facilities, since many women receive emergency care for complications once they are discharged by Planned Parenthood.

Operation Rescue has also documented the abortion-related deaths of Planned Parenthood patients, including Cree Erwin, who died in 2016 after receiving a botched first trimester abortion at Planned Parenthood in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and Tonya Reaves, who bleed to death in 2012 after a second trimester abortion at a Planned Parenthood facility in Chicago, Illinois.

It is expected that the Protect Life Rule will deny about $170 million in taxpayer dollars to Planned Parenthood.

Operation Rescue, which is headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, also commends Rep. Ron Estes (R-KS) for his leadership that contributed to making this life-saving rule change a reality.

Possible Developments in Planned Parenthood Baby Parts Investigation “Coming Soon”

A reminder of why Planned Parenthood is being investigated by the U.S. Department of Justice.

By Cheryl Sullenger

Washington, D.C. – When the Center for Medical Progress (CMP) began posting videos in the Summer of 2015 showing Planned Parenthood executives engaged in negotiations with biotech companies for the best price they might get for aborted baby organs and tissues, America was shocked.

That undercover investigation and the footage that was secretly taken over several months revealed a dark secret that Planned Parenthood successfully hidden from the American people: The bodies of aborted babies were being marketed like slabs of meat at the meat counter for “valuable consideration” and ended up with buyers all over the world, in violation of U.S. state and federal laws.

Planned Parenthood and its associate in the baby body parts trade, the National Abortion Federation, sued CMP board members, including Operation Rescue President Troy Newman, to halt the release of the remaining incriminating footage, but it was too late for Planned Parenthood.

Public outrage over the shadowy scheme launched two Congressional investigations that that found probable cause to believe Planned Parenthood and its middle-man biotech partners had indeed broken the law.

Senator Charles Grassley and Rep. Marsha Blackburn both referred Planned Parenthood and others to the U.S. Department of Justice for criminal investigation and prosecution in late 2016. A year later news broke that the Department of Justice under Attorney General Jeff Sessions was indeed investigating Planned Parenthood for the illegal sale of aborted baby body parts.

“The wait for the results of that investigation has been long and difficult for those of us that want to see Planned Parenthood brought to justice,” said Troy Newman. “We understand that if Planned Parenthood is indicted, the full truth about their illegal conduct will become a matter of record. It should also bring an end to the half billion dollars in U.S. tax money Planned Parenthood receives each year. This action would save tens of thousands of innocent lives each year and could be the beginning of the end of the corrupt and barbaric practice of abortion in America.”

Now, the wait may soon be over.

A message from a Trump Administration anonymous source known as “Q” or “Qanon” was posted on the mysterious 8Chan message board late last night with links to Senator Grassley’s 2016 press announcement concerning the Judicial Committee’s criminal referrals of Planned Parenthood, and a link to the 2017 Fox News article confirming that the Department of Justice was investigating Planned Parenthood.

Those links were followed by the words, “Coming soon. Q”

“This post was an encouraging message to us to stand by for significant developments in the Planned Parenthood baby parts investigation,” said Newman. “We’ve been asked to trust President Trump and Attorney General Sessions. Given the amount of times we have been let down by public officials, that trust has been difficult. But because President Trump has delivered on many of his pro-life promises, we believe this time is different. We anxiously await news on the Planned Parenthood investigation and pray that this time, justice will be done.”

Confusion: Two Ambulances Called for One Injured Woman at Margaret Sanger Planned Parenthood

By Cheryl Sullenger

New York City, NY – A police unit and two ambulances with lights flashing were dispatched on April 5, 2018, to Planned Parenthood’s flagship abortion facility, the Margaret Sanger Center, located at 26 Bleecker St. on the corner of Margaret Sanger Square in New York City.

According to an eye witness report, there seemed to be some confusion on the part of the two ambulance teams.

The anonymous witness told Operation Rescue that the first ambulance arrived shortly after noon and overshot the Planned Parenthood facility. It pulled over about a block away as a second ambulance pulled up to the abortion center and entered with a gurney.

Meanwhile, the first ambulance came back to the facility and paramedics entered Planned Parenthood with a collapsible rolling chair. This team was sent away empty-handed and soon left the scene.

While police looked on, the second paramedic team emerged from the Planned Parenthood abortion facility with a young Black woman on a gurney. Paramedics waited until her male companion joined her in the ambulance then sped away to a nearby hospital at approximately 12:39 p.m. with lights flashing. However, sirens were not turned on until the ambulance was about a block away from Planned Parenthood.

The reason two ambulances were dispatched remains a mystery.

“New York City is a political stronghold for Planned Parenthood. That has made it difficult for us to get any additional information on the numerous abortion-related complications that happen at this high-volume abortion mill. Our FOIA requests are ignored or returned with useless information about unrelated incidents. It is obvious that those in authority are covering up for the serious dangers that this facility exposes women to every day,” said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman. “The women that go to this Planned Parenthood have no idea that pro-abortion Democratic politics is being put above their lives and safety.”

The Margaret Sanger Center Planned Parenthood targets primarily poor urban women of color for abortions in the heart of New York City.

This is the eleventh medical emergency documented by Operation Rescue with the help of local pro-life activists at this facility since January 2017 – and the second one this year.

So far, there have been a total of 26 medical emergencies requiring ambulance transport at abortion facilities across the nation reported to Operation Rescue in the first four months of 2018. Of those, eight took place at Planned Parenthood centers.

Urgent Action Needed to Defund Planned Parenthood of Title X Money

By Cheryl Sullenger

Washington, DC – Instead of waiting around for another opportunity for Congress to strip Planned Parenthood of all tax-funding, one Congressman has come up with a way to now deny the abortion giant at least $170 million in public moneys distributed through the Title X program.

Kansas Congressman Ron Estes, along with long-time pro-life stalwarts Rep. Chris Smith and Rep Vicki Hertzler, are seeking as many Congressional co-signers as possible on a letter to Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar.

That letter would recommend a rule change to prevent Title X funding from going to any health facility that conducts abortions or refers for them – including Planned Parenthood.

Title X funding is Planned Parenthood’s second largest source of public funding. This is an opportunity to deny Planned Parenthood a significant amount of tax money that could then be diverted to legitimate health care facilities that respect and value life.

“As fellow Kansans from Wichita, we are proud of our own Rep. Ron Estes for hitting the ground running during his short time in Washington, D.C.,” said Troy Newman, President of Operation Rescue. “He’s not waiting for others to lead in the cause of life! He’s thinking about how to solve issues in unconventional ways. Rep. Estes deserves our support in his effort to defund Planned Parenthood – and the babies deserve it, too.”

Here’s how you can help!

Please contact your Congressman today and ask him or her to sign on to the Estes letter that would change the long-standing pro-abortion rules that have so far ensured a steady money stream into Planned Parenthood’s already wealthy coffers.

“Planned Parenthood rakes in enough cash from abortion, the Hollywood elite, and pro-abortion billionaires like George Soros and Warren Buffett that they do not need to use our hard-earned tax dollars as their own personal slush fund,” said Newman. “The beauty of Rep. Estes’ rule-change plan is that the beneficiaries will be life-affirming health centers. That is a winning plan for pregnant moms and their babies.”

Please contact your Congressman now.

Sample message:

“I urge you to become a co-signer on the letter by Rep. Ron Estes to HHS Secretary Alex Azar proposing a rule change that would deny Title X money to organizations like Planned Parenthood that conduct or refer for abortions.”