Dr. McHugh will answer questions in panel discussion on Tuesday evening
Lenexa, KS — The leading witness against abortionist George R. Tiller broke his six month silence today by granting an on camera interview arranged by Women Influencing the Nation. Dr. Paul McHugh has recorded a statement answering questions about abortion records involved in the highly charged criminal case against Tiller. Dr. McHugh, from Baltimore, Maryland, is a published author and an expert in the field of psychiatry.
The 30 criminal charges against abortionist Tiller were based, in part, on the affidavit submitted by Dr. McHugh after he carefully analyzed the abortion medical records. Dr. McHugh dropped a political bombshell by stating that in his professional opinion:
1. The information in the abortion records indicate there was inadequate information on which to make a psychiatric diagnosis.
2. Nothing in the records constituted a “substantial and irreversible” risk to the woman if she continued her pregnancy.
3. Tiller’s abortion clinic is misusing psychiatry to wrongly justify providing late term abortions.
4. None of the information shown to McHugh was adequate to justify a late-term abortion under Kansas statues.
5. The late-term abortion justification was based more on societal issues rather that on firm psychiatric or mental health standards.
Dr. McHugh will be involved in a panel discussion, hosted by Women Influencing the Nation, on June 12, at the Double Tree Hotel, Overland Park Kansas at 7:00pm. Members of the media and the public are invited to attend. McHugh will be available to answer question from members of the audience.
“Now we have yet another expert testifying that Tiller is flouting Kansas law and blatantly killing health viable children. I look forward to hearing more testimony from Dr. McHugh tomorrow evening, please join me there.” Troy Newman, President Operation Rescue
Cheryl Sullenger, of Operation Rescue, was present at the taping, and is available now to answer questions at 316-516-3034.